10 GOOD REASONS FOR HOT YOGA!
- Warm muscles burn fat more effectively.
- Speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
- When we stretch the fat has nowhere to go so it redistributes back to the blood stream and is used again for energy.
- A warmer temperature helps the muscles stretch easier, also allows for greater range of motion in the joint.
- Heart rate increases, which improves cardiovascular system (heart and lungs).
- Blood becomes thinner clearing the circulatory system.
- Promotes sweating which assist detoxification process using the body’s largest organ – skin.
- Muscles, fascia and connective tissue become more elastic allowing for greater flexibility with less chance of injury.
- Capillaries respond to heat by dilating, this allows more oxygen to muscles, tissue glands and organs helping with the removal of waste products.
- Teaches you determination and focus in a challenging environment.
Written by spelap